On the off chance that chasing in the backwoods, hitting the open trails, or scaling remote mountains – or whatever other action that includes being expelled from human advancement and has the capability of being dangerous – you realize that it is so critical to take steps to ensure yourself. There are different sorts of hardware that can improve your security when you’re in a remote zone; long range walkie talkies and waterproof two-route radios, for instance. Another fundamental bit of gear that you ought to consistently have available when you’re in a remote territory and could conceivably keep running into inconvenience s is a personal locator beacon (likewise alluded to as a PLB).
With a PLB on your individual or in your pack, should a circumstance emerge where you need somebody to discover you, you’ll have the option to get the truly necessary assistance you require. These apparatuses can pivot hazardous circumstances.
In case you’re looking for a PLB, you’re going to find that there are a ton of alternatives to browse. To assist you with finding an exceptionally solid, highlight rich, and simple to utilize unit, we’ve assembled a rundown of the main five personal locator beacons out there.
Best Personal Locator Beacon Reviews
- No Subscription Required
- 406 MHz Emergency Distress Signal with Homing Signal
- GPS and Galileo GNSS / Cospas-Sarsat / MEOSAR
- Global Coverage
- LED Strobe and Infrared Strobe
- No Subscription Required
- 406 MHz Emergency Distress Signal / Homing signal
- LED Strobe and Infrared Strobe
- Global Coverage / Cospas-Sarsat / MEOSAR
- GPS and Galileo GNSS
- This Personal Locator Beacon is pre-programmed for registration with the US country code. Whilst it will function anywhere around the world, the initial point of contact during an emergency situation would be the US Search and Rescue authorities
- Should you wish registration outside of the US, please purchase our from our 'ACR ResQlink Non-Buoyant PLB - Programmed for Rest of World' and advise us which country you require for registration. The device can be registered in the country of your choice
- This PLB is programmed for registration with the US country code. Whilst it will function anywhere in the world, the initial point of contact during an emergency situation would be the US Search and Rescue authorities with whom the PLB would be registered
- PLBs have been proven, tried and tested in some of the world's most remote locations and treacherous conditions.Even in extreme conditions and situations, ResQlink activates easily.Just deploy the antenna, pull the anti-tamper seal and press the ON button
- This PLB should only be used in situations of grave and imminent danger to life. False alerts endanger lives and cause expensive disruption to Search and Rescue services. Deliberate misuse of the device could result in a penalty
- 406 MHz Distress Signal - Sent Directly to Search and Rescue Authorities Worldwide
- 66 Channel GPS Receiver Pin-points your location
- 121.5 MHz Homing Signal - Allows Search and Rescue to zero in on your location as they get close to your location.
- LED Strobe Light
- No Subscription Fees Required - PLBs work on Government Search and Rescue Satellites so no annoying monthly or annual fees.
- S. O. S. - in an emergency, send an S. O. S. With your GPS location to geos, who facilitates search and rescue
- Check in - let contacts know where you are and that you're okay with a pre-programmed message
- Help/spot S. O. V. - request help from your friends and family at your GPS location. OR, ask for help from professional assistance organizations
- Custom message- let contacts know where you are by sending a pre-programmed message with your GPS location
- Track- automatically send and save your location and allow contacts to track your progress using google maps
- This Personal Locator Beacon is pre-programmed for registration with the US country code. Whilst it will function anywhere around the world, the initial point of contact during an emergency situation would be the US Search & Rescue authorities with whom the PLB would be registered.
- If you are purchasing from outside the US, please purchase our alternative listing for 'McMurdo Fast Find 220 PLB Programming for Rest of World'. We include at no charge a reprogramming service on this alternative listing to ensure the device can be registered in the country of your choice
- Registering your Personal Locator Beacon is required by law in most countries. Registering is very important because should your beacon ever be activated, it is how Search and Rescue Teams will know who you are, and contacts provided may be able to supply information about your specific travel plans. In the absence of this information, it may take longer for a search-and-rescue operation to begin.
- PLBs have been proven, tried and tested in some of the world's most remote locations and treacherous conditions. Even in extreme conditions and situations, the FastFind 220 activates easily. Just deploy the antenna, pull the anti-tamper seal and press the ON button.
- This PLB should only be used in situations of grave and imminent danger to life. False alerts endanger lives and cause expensive disruption to Search & Rescue services. Deliberate misuse of the device could result in a penalty.
- 7 Year Battery Life / 7 year warranty
- 24+ hour operational life
- Free to use, no subscription charges / Supplied with free flotation pouch
- High brightness strobe light >1candela
- 66 channel GPS receiver / Unique mounting clip
- TAKE IT ANYWHERE: PrimeTracking's GPS tracker was developed with your busy lifestyle in mind. This compact tracker is portable and easily stored in strollers, vehicles, backpacks cars or luggage.
- REAL TIME TRACKING: Easily and privately track any location in the US from your computer, tablet, or phone with our ultimate GPS tracking app.
- INSTANT UPDATES: Get updates on location and direction; see movement as it happens and map routes taken. Our 4G LTE tracker is fast and reliable. Our competition is 2G and won't be supported as 2G continues to be deactivated across networks.
- $25 / month. Cancel anytime. $20 / month for 6 months. SIM Card INCLUDED.
- IDEAL FOR CHILDREN, BUSINESSES AND SENIORS: Breathe easier knowing your loved ones are safe. By utilizing our GPS tracker, you can know where they are and be alerted if they go too far. (geofence) Your loved ones can also push the SOS button for emergencies. Perfect for business to track drivers, speed and logistics. Maintain safety standards and help keep employees honest.
- 100 percent global Iridium satellite coverage enables two way text messaging from anywhere (satellite subscription required)
- Trigger an interactive SOS to the 24/7 search and rescue monitoring center
- Track and share your location with family and friends. Water rating : IPX7. Battery : Rechargeable internal lithium ion
- Pair with mobile devices using the free Earthmate app for access to downloadable maps, U.S. NOAA charts, color aerial imagery and more
- inReach Explorer+ device adds preloaded DeLorme TOPO maps with onscreen GPS routing plus built in digital compass, barometric altimeter and accelerometer
- Notice: any products sold by a third-party are not from the manufacture and cannot be confirmed as holding up-to-date firmware. Protect your purchase and buy from TRUSTED and authorized sellers only and Gotten.
- Smart device: Gotten mesh pairs to your phone and enables it to privately relay texts and GPS locations between other Gotten devices, up to 4 miles in range.
- Independent and free: you don't need phone service, routers, towers or satellites to use Gotten. Power your own network, whenever and wherever you need it.
- Secure encryption- no Central data-store so your private chats are end-to-end encrypted. Cell phone/Wi-Fi coverage is required in the initial set up and app download.
- Chat, text and GPS: our super-smart mesh protocol powers private 1-to-1, group chats or PUBLIC emergency broadcasts to all nearby users. Plus, the free Gotten app includes detailed offline maps for any region in the world.
Related Buyer’s Guides and Creativezib Review Lists:
Last update on 2019-11-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API